The four-wheel tank cars were most likely built in the second half of the 1940s. Their numbers 0572 and 0573 are from a later period, given by Estonian Railways. Such tank cars were built from 1945 to 1948 both by Soviet factories and, as reparations, by German factories. These tank cars were originally used for transporting either petrol, spirit, or other liquid commodities. The tank gauge numbers (e.g. 48 ) are still visible on the cars. Gauge numbers enabled to determine the amount of liquid commodity in the tank using special measuring rod and a manual. Gauge number 51 belonged to spirit carrying tanks, their home station was Tapa, and from there, the Moe and Rakvere spirit was transported all over the Soviet Union, but also to Finland. While on the road, spirit was stolen from tank cars by drilling tiny holes into the container and stuffing them later with wooden matches. Spirit cars had an additional wooden box to protect the tanks from overheating. It also had a pressure relief valve on the inside. Later, the outer wooden bodies were demolished, the tanks regauged, and these cars were used for other purposes. When four-wheel cars were finally removed from traffic, they got another use in firefighting trains or as military reserve disinfecting (or degassing, deactivating) cars. The tank cars are displayed at the Railway and Communications Museum in Haapsalu since March 2, 2017.