The TEP60-0924 (ТЭП60-0924) diesel-electric passenger locomotive was completed at the V. Kuibyshev diesel locomotive plant in Kolomna (КТСЗ) on February 29, 1980 and delivered to the Zasulauks depot of the Baltic railway on March 10 of the same year. The Zasulauks locomotives hauled heavyweight passenger and express trains on the Riga-Tallinn, Riga-Vilnius-Minsk, Riga-Volokolamsk(-Moscow) and Riga-Zdolbuniv(-Lviv) lines. At the time, the Estonian division of the Baltic railway had no diesel-electric locomotives for long-distance trains, which were then hauled by the locomotives of the Zasulauks depot and the Leningrad-Warsaw depot. Estonian Railways (EVR) got their own first seven TEP60 locomotives, including No. 0924, as late as in May 1992, when the Baltic Railways ́ passenger locomotive fleet in Latvia was divided among the three Baltic States. In Estonia, the locomotive was re-numbered as 1006. Having reached a kilometrage of 2,307,000 kms, the locomotive was retired in the summer of 1997 due to frequent failures and transported to Haapsalu on May 8, 1998 to be exhibited at the Railway Museum.The TEP60 locomotive was designed in the late 1950s in Kolomna on the basis of the test locomotive TE50-0001. It has a direct current diesel generator and a two-stroke V16 diesel engine with turbocharging making 3,000 hp with the crankshaft rotating at 750 rpm. The maximum speed of the locomotive is 160 km/h, its operating weight is 129 tonnes. From 1960 to 1987, a total of 1,472 diesel-electric engines of the class TEP60 were built, as well as 116 double units 2TEP60, totalling 1,704 units. Since 1961, the TEP60 locomotives hauled in Estonia up to 18-car and 1,050-tonne express trains.